1. A conversation I never imagined I’d have with my son.
J Man: (out of the blue) “How old do you have to be to not wear underwear if you don’t want to?”
Me: (hastily) “21.”
J Man: “Is that the law?”
Me: “No, but it’s mommy’s rule.”
To anyone who spends frequent time with my children, please back me up on this.
2. I pulled a fast one on my kids today.
Hey kids! Wanna go to Chuck E. Cheese?
Hey kids! After that we’re going to Costco and you are forced to accompany me!
3. I had a blood draw this week.
It didn’t go well. This is actually after the bruising has gone down a little. The nurse compared me to a tire with a slow leak. I don’t actually know what that means, other than that I need my blood and my body knows it.
4. I ate a whole Olive Garden salad. By myself.
5. My parents are in Hawaii.
But I’m ok. I’m self medicating with strawberry cheesecake and Olive Garden salad.