I had a horrible run last week.
1. I was supposed to run 6.5 miles outside.
2. When I woke up, it was pouring rain.
4. Defeated, I headed for the treadmill.
5. I wore my favorite socks. I watched my favorite show.
6. At mile 1, I knew it was going to be a long run.
7. At mile 3, I wasn’t even halfway, but wanted to be done.
8. At mile 5, I thought I was going to die.
9. At mile 6, I actually got dizzy and lightheaded, so I stopped.
10. Didn’t finish. Sad face. Also, blister on the bottom of my right foot.
I hate running.
In response, I did what any logical runner does: I bought new shoes.
I’m typically a New Balance girl, but these Saucony gems caught my eye.
I had a small little 5k race this morning. 30+ people. NBD.
I was running with high school seniors and college students. NBD.
They were fast. Super fast.
But I was ready:
I once again rocked my favorite socks.
And while I didn’t have Jimmy Fallon, another guy kept me company.
And on the heels of a “bad run”, I was nervous. Side aches, rolled ankles and many other somewhat related fears ran rampant.
But I rocked it.
My official time was 28.22. PR!!!
And one of the speedy college students complimented my socks.
I love running!