1. Contrary to what you might see in the photos below, I did actually attend this family vacation, but the only evidence is my “compression socks selfie.” I provided a link for those of you anxious to see my legs.
2. We visited Lake Chelan during what might be called the “off season.” You’ll notice that many outdoor photos include hats, coats, gloves, but no snow. Also, we had more than one experience where we drove multiple miles to a destination, only to find it “closed for the season.” No matter- we kept very busy because…
3. I’m a professional vacation planner. I do my homework. I create a schedule. I print off a copy for everyone. Some might call me high-strung. Unk C likes it. That’s enough for me.
4. We aren’t really one of those families who lay around on vacation. Certainly naptime is built into the schedule, but otherwise we’re busy with everything from mini-golf, to cider pressing, to bowling, to good old fashioned “throw rocks in the lake.” And of course there’s food- lots of food.
5. J Man has an uncanny knack for getting “holes-in-one” in mini-golf. He got 7 in the course of two games. I got 1.
6. You should always ask the waiter how much your “special” ribeye steak will cost before you order it (Papa/Unk C). Or you shouldn’t eat ribeye steak. That’s probably the better of the two options.
7. Jumping on hotel room beds is the best.
8. I ran 10 miles in two days. Record.
9. Sometimes you should let your kids eat chocolate chip pancakes for lunch.
10. Fires in wood burning fireplaces > fires in gas fireplaces.
So without further adieu, our Lake Chelan shenanigans (aka Lake Chelanigans):
Back to reality…