Let’s talk about customer service.
Before I go too far into my rant, let me state that every career, in some way or another, has a “customer service” facet.
Find one that doesn’t. I dare you.
I’ll keep my whining short and to the point. A numbered list might be helpful for organizational purposes.
1. I like Toms (the shoes).
2. For my birthday in October, I asked for black sparkle Toms. They were on my Amazon wishlist.
3. Matty B purchased the above Toms at a local retailer. Not a big box store, definitely a small
4. They were too small. I needed a different size.
The snobby boutique was awful to work with. I left the shop furious with $58 in store credit and no shoes. I was told to “like them on Facebook” to find out when my shoes might arrive.
That was the beginning of October.
Fast forward to December 12.
5. We’re going to Florida. I’ve given up all hope for black sparkle Toms. I go to the snobby boutique, spend my credit on some royal blue Toms and move on.
6. Five days later. I’m in Florida. The snobby boutique posts on their Facebook page, “New shipment of Toms!”
I immediately respond, “Do you have black sparkle, size 9.5?”
Yes, they do. Do I want them to save them for me? Yes, I do, but I’m not back in Washington for another week. They will hold them, I’m assured.
7. No lie, the day after Christmas I’m at snobby boutique. They sold my shoes to someone else.
And now I’m never going there again and I ordered my shoes from Amazon, so there!
Also, did you know that you can cook steel cut oats in a rice cooker?
You can. It’s the easiest thing ever. I love steel cut oats, but don’t have 25 minutes to stir a pot. I’m too busy hunting for Toms on Amazon.
Rice Cooker Steel Cut Oats
1 cup steel cut oats
3 cups water
Dump in your rice cooker, and push start. Take a shower, make some coffee, dry your hair partway, search frantically for your son’s Oregon State football jersey, finish drying your hair.
Oats are done.
I topped mine with strawberries, raspberries and banana. Delish.
Matty B quote of the day: “If you return your pair of Toms, do they take the pair back from the kid in Africa?”