1. I’ve been traveling much of the week (and not to Hawaii) and I haven’t been in the kitchen. I want to make this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and these Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles and what about these Caramel Apple Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies? Can you tell that I’m digging the Fall recipes?
2. Here’s more evidence that I’m digging Fall…
I love this picture of J Man. It’s not very common to get a good, natural smile captured in a picture.
3. I used to whine about plane flights. They’re so long! The seat is so small! I hate the bathrooms!
I have a new perspective these days.
Coffee and a magazine. Uninterrupted. No children demanding juice. No clients requesting 458 proofs of their project. No great-grandpas demanding (said in a scruffy grandpa voice), “Just a 1/4 cup of Coca-Cola! Well, just 1/2! A little more!”
I took an online grammar test and was mortified at my score. I used to teach grammar and I only got 94%?!?! Shame.
5. I had dinner tonight with my girl, Glen. We went to McMenamins and it was amazing.
The picture is awful but the food was so good. This is a cauliflower flan with green beans, tomatoes, squash, Brussels sprouts and collard greens. It was all delicious, but the collard greens were my favorite! They were seasoned so well and tasted like heaven. I also had an unpictured beet salad. And 1/2 a pumpkin creme brûlée. Don’t tell the vegan gods. There was quite a lot of “versatile” tonight…
Additionally, our waiter (who was slightly creepy), was really good at his job. Super accommodating and even offered me a coffee to go on the house when he found out I had a 3 1/2 hour drive ahead of me. Customer service. Beauty.
6. If I haven’t mentioned it before…
…is the best!