I’m famous now, you know:)
So I was nominated for the Liebster Award and I was giddy, just giddy! I would prepare an acceptance speech and finally have the opportunity to wear my sparkle dress and maybe even ride in a limo and…
What is the Liebster Award? Well, it’s definitely cool, but maybe not as cool as say, an Academy Award:)…
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to highlight the efforts and contributions of those who are new to blogging. Here are the guidelines for the award:
Add the award icon to your blog.
Link to your nominator to say thank you.
Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award.
In all reality, this might be harder than an Academy Award, but I’m up to the challenge!
First of all, thanks to Hannah for the nomination. Be sure to check out her blog. How cool is this chick? She cooks all her amazing food in her RV! Gutsy, to say the least!
So here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I have a freaky finger. My middle finger on my right hand has elephantitis. It’s always been kind of weird, but then I was playing football with some Jr. High boys a few years ago and I “caught” a pass with my finger. It’s never been the same.
2. I can’t whistle. Never have, never will. I am, however, really good at annoying Matty B when I try to whistle. I know that he secretly likes it.
3. I love lima beans. Love ‘em.
4. I’ve never seen Star Wars.
5. I was named after a carburetor. “Holley” carburetors? You’d think that I’d naturally have car smarts. No such luck.
6. I have a secret desire to be a rock star. Lead singer. I’d be awesome.
7. I’m no good at technology or computers. I’m an embarrassment to my generation.
8. I rocked the mc hammer pants as a teenager and thought I was on the cutting edge of fashion.
9. My day doesn’t feel right without some form of coffee.
10. When listening to the radio, I have to have the volume on an even number, like 10 or 12. 15 is acceptable. 13 or 17 is a no-no.
11. I’m afraid of all birds, but geese specifically.
And now for Hannah’s questions:
What do you think are the three best items to donate to the food bank?
Canned beans (easy protein), dried WW pasta (filling and cheap), peanut butter (because it’s the best!)
What book are you currently reading and would you recommend it?
I’m currently reading “What’s So Amazing About Grace?” by Philip Yancey. It’s good, but it’s not an brainless read. I have to focus and concentrate, which, depending on the day, is hard for me.
How do you typically spend your time between eating dinner and going to bed?
Reading stories, playing with Playdoh, bath time and oh sweet peace, putting the babies to bed. Matty B and I usually read before we nod off. We’re old.
Describe your favourite local restaurant.
I’m a big fan of Nicholas, a Lebanese restaurant in Gresham. It’s super easy to eat vegan and they bring a giant pillow of hot pita bread to each table. Heavenly.
What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food?
Guilty pleasure that I’ll eat would be any salted dark chocolate. Guilty pleasure that I won’t eat would be a chicken burrito from the Taco Truck.
Who is your favourite artist?
I love love Zamy Steynovitz. He was an Israeli artist who painted very colorful, friendly pieces. Reminds me a little bit of a cheery Chagall. I have 5 of his paintings and would love more! Somehow, however, cute little baby faces are taking over our wall space…
What is your favourite fruit or vegetable that grows in or around the area you live in?
Apples. We had the best time picking apples in Hood River this summer.
Which quality do you appreciate most in people?
Reliability. Definitely a trial of my job. Don’t make me baby-sit you.
Describe favourite way to spend $10.
Soy latte and a cooking magazine:)
In a perfect world, who would cook you dinner every night?
Grandma V. She was the best cook ever. She was even better than your grandma:).
Which kitchen utensil or piece of cook wear do you use the most?
Utensil might be my micro plane zester. Cookware would definitely be a small saucepan. I eat a lot of oatmeal.
And now for my questions for my nominations!
1. If you had to eat fast food, where would you go and what would you have?
2. What’s one sacred holiday tradition your family has?
3. Favorite breakfast cereal?
4. What’s one food you hated as a kid, but enjoy as an adult?
5. Which family member are you most like? How so?
6. Earliest childhood memory?
7. Sweet or salty?
8. Do you dream at night? If so, what’s your most recent dream?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. Do you have any New Years Resolutions? Have you given up, or stuck with them?
11. What’s the last thing you ate?
And my nominations are …
4. Get Sconed!
10. Onion In My Hair
So, about that acceptance speech…
I’d like to thank my parents for always being there for me and my husband for trying most of my food creations and…